Friday, August 25, 2017

Dang, that was hard!




The last picture of the family together...for a while.


A message from Teri Englund...

Many of you have asked me “How am I doing with Kayle moving to the United States while I live in Peru?”  My answer has been that I am going to miss her, but things haven’t really sunk in yet.
Scott, Emma, and I have been back in Peru for 5 or so days

Gonna miss having her around...

Kayle's Despedida...Goodbye Peru, It's been good knowing you!
 
and things are beginning to sink in.
Emma has anxiously been moving into Kayle’s old room because it is bigger. We touched up some paint, moved in her bed, and now the room is hers. Emma’s first day back to school was yesterday and she was wiped out by 7 pm, fast asleep on the couch.  She is getting over tonsillitis and still seems pretty exhausted. She is excited to see her friends and be back home.
Scott has been busy catching up on correspondence and working on Motomission details.  He is making progress on his video projects and dreaming up new visions for the future.  He is excited to be back to his playground but has also been processing this new time in our lives.
We went to church on Sunday for the first time as a group of three instead of four.  I began to miss sitting in church with Kayle. She is normally at my side where ever I go.  My eyes began to well at the thought of her.
Kayle is an amazing young woman. Since her beginning God has been there. I used to pray Psalm 139: 1-18 over us when I was pregnant.  I was a scared and nervous first time mom.  It really comforted me knowing that God was there even in the development of Kayle in my womb.   I love the part of Psalm 139 that says “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb… Your workmanship is marvelous!...You saw me before I was born.”  I have loved and cherished that God cares for Kayle.
As Scott and I began to make a list of all the things that needed to be done for Kayle to move back to live in the US,  it was overwhelming and seemed impossible.  We began to think, how are we ever going to make this happen?
Psalm 139:5-10 says “You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head… I can never escape from your spirit!...  If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.”
Saying goodbye is never easy
I have seen this verse fulfilled in Kayle’s life.  God has been providing for her every need far and near to bless her life in the States. Everything that needed to be accomplished was done! I could go into detail of all the tasks that needed to be accomplished but rather enjoy just saying they are DONE!  It has all been taken care of!  All of them. From the most impossible obstacle to the simplest task. Done.
Thanks GOD…
During our time in the States, we had the privilege of visiting Karcher Church of the Nazarene.  This is our home church in Idaho. Our babies were dedicated at this alter. They were baptized in this church. Our family served and worshipped here for many years before we came to Peru.
As I sat in the pew at Karcher looking at that same alter, I thanked God for all those beautiful moments in our lives.  I once again reminded myself that I had placed my beautiful new born baby, Kayle, in God’s hands, and asked that he would make it evident that he still had her.  Tears welled.
I know that God is still taking care of Kayle as well as us.  No matter where I go or my children go, we are always in His presence!
Thank you for all your love and financial support.  You are the hands and feet of God.  Together we are the body of Christ.  All doing our part as we have been gifted. You are a blessing! 
Got the Peruvian braces off, only to start over in the US
As we prepare for the coming year we would ask for your continued support.  We have undertaken a few more expenses because of changes in our family. We restarted braces for Kayle after a 2 year process in Cusco. In addition, she will have living expenses outside of our normal monthly needs in Cusco. We would love to find a couple of "Kayle" sponsors to support her during her senior year and time in the US. If you are able to give at this time we would ask that you get in contact with us at cuscoteri@gmail.com or our mission, Commission to Every Nation.  The direct link is www.cten.org/scottenglund. CTEN is a US based 501 C3 and are prepared to handle tax benefited donations….
1 (800) 872-5404 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm CST)
Commission To Every Nation
P.O. Box 291307
Kerrville, TX 78029-1307

We are so honored to have you in our lives.  Thank you for your faithfulness.  You are a blessing!
The Englund Family,
Scott, Teri, Kayle and Emma

No comments: