Monday, July 22, 2013

Can You Tell Me How To Get To Jesus?



Guy walks into the café and begins by asking, “Can you tell me how to get to Jesus?”
Jesus is right up there!
I double took and realized he was serious. I gathered my whit and replied by saying, “as a matter of fact I can? I am a missionary. I ought to be able to help.”
“It’s really easy.” I replied. “You just go up the stairs and take that road to the end, then go right. There are a few turns and zig zags, but once you get to the end, take a right and keep going til you reach the top.”
It’s not every day that people ask that question. In fact, this was a guy looking for the statue of Christ that stands overlooking the city of Cusco. You can’t miss him. Arms stretched out wide just waiting for you. I was able to give him some simple directions. I am sure he found what he was looking for.
It was a funny moment..All of our Christian volunteers that were at the front counter waited intently as I gathered my wherewithal to answer the question. In this case, the question was not one of eternal life, but rather directions for a place around town. However, life goes just like that.  When the opportunity lands in your lap, will you find that you are you prepared to give good directions when asked? I recall something in the Bible about being prepared to give an answer for the hope that we have.
…Something to think about.

No comments: