Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good News About My Little Buddy Jason

Last Friday, I went and visited Jason in the hospital and he told me that two more weeks of boredom was in store for him. He seemed really well…In fact, after the way that he was just 6 days previously, I am amazed at how God could take such a boy and put a fixin’ on him like that. Not too tough of a job for the God that created Jason in the first place, among a few other things…

Today, I went to Huilkarpay. This is the community that Jason is from. Each Tuesday a small group of volunteers go and work with the kids from Huilkarpay. We do any number of activities that are designed to develop relationships with the kids and their families.

As we arrived this morning and began to round up the kids, Tito, with an excitement in his voice, screamed out, “Jason esta en casa.” I asked him to repeat what he said to which he confirmed that Jason was in fact, home. On my way to the last house on the left, which is Jason’s, I saw what Tito was talking about. My little buddy had come home from the hospital. Oh man was I excited!

My plan for the day was to have all the kids in the community sign the soccer ball that I brought. Then I was going to take it to Jason in the hospital tomorrow. I figured that would be some good medicine and motivation for him to get better-He had a new soccer ball to break in…what else would get a kid out of the hospital?

Well I told Jason that he missed out on the soccer ball because he came home too soon…With the universal wink wink that let him know I was just joking with him, I gave him a big hug and let him know that it must have been all those people praying for him that got him well so fast. He knows that hundreds of people were praying for him and will continue to do so.

As the Jason saga continues, please keep my little buddy in your prayers. God must have a plan for him as God keeps on putting Jason back in to the game. At this point, I am waiting for the dad to give me a call and go visit with the doctor about the diagnosis and treatment. Pray that the symptoms and residuals from the seizures and infection will go away and Jason will be back to 100%.

Thanks for your prayers and petitions for this little guy. My hope is that Jason will realize that God does have a plan for him and that life can be filled with all sorts of joy. Pray and don’t stop!

Scott

No comments: