Thursday, July 16, 2009

Batter up!!!






Well, here it is, the night before our first of many groups arrive. It has been a crazy last few days, but I have a peace that can only be divine. With so much on my mind, I am wondering why I am not more stressed out. That is not to say that life is not stressful right about now. I am confident that we are doing exactly what God wants us to be doing. There are so many confirmations! I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that we are ready to begin. I like to use baseball analogies so here please try to understand what I am saying.
We have done our warm ups, the national anthem has just finished. We are now waiting for the first pitch to cross the plate. In the morning, we have about 35 anxious, willing, tired, and foreign people arriving in Peru. Many have never stepped outside of the US. Many have never been on a mission project. Many have no idea what they are getting themselves into. With that being said, I am excited about their arrival. God has chosen them to build His kingdom. What better thing to do with your time than to give it away to help those that need it more than you. God bless the short term missionaries.
We have a lot of innings to play. Some will be filled with lots of action; Home runs, strike outs, base hits, double plays, triple plays, errors, as well as some amazing plays. We are ready for this game. Its batter up- better be prayed up! I am confident that our team is going to knock it out of the park. We have assembled the best team in the league. What an honor it is to lead such a group of talented people.
So, I would like to provide you with a little bit of info about what is taking place down here. Many of you are praying for us. We can feel your prayers. Satan has shot many arrows at us. There is nothing better than taking what seems to be impossibility, and turning it into something better than what we originally planned. God is so good!
I want to ask for your continued prayer. We are all under an immense amount of pressure. People are investing thousands of dollars to come and serve. We have the responsibility to make this a good experience for them as well as make a positive difference in the Church here in Peru. Please pray specifically for our team. There are a handful of dedicated and spirited people that are ready to serve like no other. Satan is not making it easy. Please pray for energy, clarity of mind in decisions, safety of all involved, effectiveness in our ministry, logistics to go smoothly, and that every participant has the time of their life. I am confident that our project will lift up the name of Christ. I just want to do it as good as we possibly can. Please pray for us during the next two weeks. Then after that we have another 11 months of projects, one right after another. We need all the support that is available.
Know that you are appreciated. You are a vital part of this ministry. Without the support of every partner on this team, the game will not be won. We are sincerely thankful for your prayers and financial support. I better get myself to bed so that I can be ready for the game tomorrow.
Have a blessed night!
Scott Englund
The pictures above were taken over the past few days from our mapping crew that is out documenting some of the areas in which we are going to be working in the next few months...These are pictures of the jungle city of Iquitos. The first pic is a bit ironic-Notice the land for sale sign in the bottom right hand corner. Not what I would call a nice beachfront lot...

No comments: